Thursday, December 19, 2013

Joining the bloggers... Updates on our life. :)


I am not much of a writer. When I was younger I used to dream of becoming a professional writer, specifically a poet. Since then I have realized That I really, really don't like writing. Basically I am asking anyone who may be reading this to not judge me. :) I will do my best not to massacre the English language. This blog is just for friends and family, so I am not too worried about it.

We have had some exciting things happen recently! Emma started crawling yesterday, cut her first tooth today, and is keeping me very busy. We are so proud of her! She is saying a few words, making lots of cute sounds, clapping, waving and trying to touch, feel, and taste everything. She is 7 1/2 months old, weighs about 17 1/2 lbs, 26 inches long, and is a healthy chunky baby. She makes us so happy. :)

Jeff is in the honeymoon part of his treatment. He completed the first round of chemo and radiation on Halloween and is now in the break before surgery. We have the surgery scheduled for January 7, and he will be in the hospital for 3-5 days for all of you who want to visit him. :) For now we are just enjoying the holidays and trying to get Emma to take a bottle so that the hospital stay will go smoothly. I will explain the surgery more as we get closer. I am really nervous about it, but I know that Jeff will be healed and that the treatments will work. He has had many blessings promising him that and he has been doing so great with his treatments so far. I am so lucky to have him. He is such a wonderful husband and father, he really loves taking care of people and doesn't stop to take care of himself. I have to remind him not to push himself too hard, but he is doing great and feeling great. 

Random side note, I am rocking Emma as she falls to sleep right now and she is talking in her sleep. She learned to click her tongue this week and she is doing that over and over. 

Well I guess that is it for now. Emma is finally asleep. I think the teething makes it harder for her to sleep so hopefully the three of us will sleep tonight and the other tooth will cut through soon. 
Thank you for everyone's support, it means so much to us to see how many people have reached out to us to help us make it through a tough year. 



Here is a cute picture of Emma playing the guitar with Jeff. :) 







1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you started a blog! It will be fun to follow your life. I can't believe Emma is already saying few words and crawling!

    ReplyDelete